You are invited! Please help spread the word. We invite you to subscribe under Newsletter to the NDP and other groups to be notified when we publish updated prayer points each month.
You are invited to join in a National Day of Prayer initiative to pray for our government and 2020 elections from now thru the inaugural festivities in January 2021. In Oregon we are asking people to unite in fasting and praying on the the 2nd Tuesday of the month from midnight to midnight, participating with others across the nation who will be praying on other days of the month. Please see the details and prayer points below.
“IT IS THE DUTY OF ALL NATIONS TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE PROVIDENCE OF ALMIGHTY GOD!”
– George Washington in his first presidential proclamation, October 3, 1789
PRAYING GOD’S GLORY INTO AMERICA’S & OREGON’S ELECTIONSNDP and Pray Oregon Prayer Points for Election 2020
In times of great need, the church as well as Old Testament believers sought the Lord’s help through fasting and prayer. Jesus is our prime example. Jesus fasted and prayed before He began his ministry, (Matthew 4:2); The Holy Spirit called Paul and Barnabas to take the gospel to the gentiles even as the church at Antioch was fasting and praying (Acts 13:2); Fasting became one of the pillars of the early churches they established (Acts 14:23); Moses fasted and prayed, and the Lord changed His mind and did not destroy his people (Deut. 9:25, Exodus 34:28). Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther — the list continues, and God’s answers are recorded history.
“We are to pray in times of adversity, lest we become faithless and unbelieving. We are to pray in times of prosperity, lest we become boastful and proud. We are to pray in times of danger, lest we become fearful and doubting. We are to pray in times of security, lest we become self-sufficient.” Billy Graham
Adapted from the National Day of Prayer
United Prayer and Fasting Devotionals
by National Day of Prayer Leadership
March 2020: You can view, download, and print the document here.
Personal Crisis: National Crisis: Global Crisis: Fear? Peace?
Ask now about the former days, long before your time,
from the day God created man on the earth;
Ask from one end of the heavens to the other. Deuteronomy 4:32 (NIV)
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will ﬁnd; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks ﬁnds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8 (NIV)
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Matthew 6:6 (NIV)
When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disﬁgure their faces to show men they are fasting. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to men that you are fasting, but only to your Father who is unseen, and your Father who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Matt: 6:16-18 (NIV)
In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength. Isaiah 30:15 (NIV)
In December of 2019, when God gave the call to gather his prayer warriors to a year of rotational fasting and prayer, we were unaware of the invisible, deadly virus already sweeping China, the world and which was soon to hit our United States, COVID-19. We were focused upon the other deadly virus sweeping the world and which is ﬁghting to engulf our culture – by any means: Unbelief. It is nothing new, but we have too long been watching as the brilliant minds of many, both young and older, have been contaminated, even controlled with the lies from Satan, that our Jesus was no more than a historical man or worse yet, a curse word. The antidote? Communion with our Lord through prayer and The Word! Do you hear Jesus encouraging us to our potential activation of HIS power through our aloneness with Him?
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing is all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. Hebrews 4:12,13 (NIV).
In times of crisis, the prophet Jeremiah faithfully proclaimed to King Zedekiah the words of the LORD and was imprisoned in the palace courtyard to shut him up. In that place of conﬁnement, The LORD gave him amazing messages of comfort and direction, not only for him but for many Jewish exiles even hundreds of years later — even for us today! The Babylonian army would soon overthrow Judah, capture King Zedekiah, take him and the Jewish exiles to Babylon and burn the beloved city of Jerusalem. In that crisis, God revealed to Jeremiah that after 70 years of captivity the Jewish exiles would return. Jeremiah was told to purchase property, sign the deed and put it in a clay jar so it would last a long time – and in faith, he did. The greatest revelation was the coming of the Righteous Branch sprout from David’s line, The LORD our Righteousness. Jeremiah chapters 29 – 33*.
The word of the Lord came to Jeremiah, This is what the LORD says, “David will never fail to have a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel, nor will the priests who are Levites ever fail to have a man to stand before me continually to oﬀer burnt oﬀerings, to burn grain oﬀerings and to oﬀer sacriﬁces.” Jeremiah 33:17-18
In this month of probable isolation, as we celebrate the fulﬁllment of Jeremiah’s prophecy – JESUS – our FOREVER King of Kings and Great High Priest – on Easter, 2020, what do we pray for? How do we search The Word? What does God want to reveal to us during this time of fasting and prayer?
1. Last month we focused upon “Freedom of Religion” – Please continue to plead that through this crisis Satan will not be able to use fear, hatred, or any other reason to limit freedom of religion and any expression of it , contain it or even make it unlawful. We include all media & social media networks, companies, platforms, etc. Keep His Word, the Bible, untouched.
What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. Rev. 3:7
2. This month we had planned to focus prayer upon the sanctity of life. Ask that the concern for human life that is sweeping our country and world as we ﬁght COVID-19, will be extended to the womb as well.
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. Psalm 139:13
3. Pray for a great harvest of salvation for the souls of millions during this crisis. Ask that the church will be given new and eﬀective methods to reach the lost with the hope of eternal life in Jesus.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. John 3:16-18 (NIV)
ASK GOD to comfort all those grieving the loss of loved ones, jobs, businesses and to give our President and our leaders great wisdom, direction and good health. ASK GOD FOR MERCY!
4. that the media platforms and companies will not discriminate against “the Word of the Lord” or his people, in any way, shape or form.
5. that the various world-wide media platforms and networks design and structure will continue to expand and not be compromised due to overload.
6. to give creativity to His Body, the Church, so disciples of Jesus will abound in these days.
7. to give the gift of vaccine or containment against this virus and any virus other coming up.
8. to shield those serving in the medical ﬁelds, law-enforcement, and food industries from this virus.
9. to bring healing of soul, spirit and body to our nation , to replace anxiety with His peace.
10. to replace anger, hatred and vindictiveness with love, forgiveness and gentleness.
11. that his mind may be in us, His body, His church. (All who believe and trust in Jesus.)
12. that the hearts and minds of unbelievers will be softened and open to truth.
FOR WHATEVER HE LAYS UPON YOUR SPIRIT TO “ASK FOR”!
Serving Him with gladness,
Kathy Branzell, President National Day of Prayer
Lisa Crump, Vice-President Volunteer Mobilization
Gwen Bradley, Mobilization Assistant/National Area Leader
* Ed. Note: Oregon is the 33rd state admitted to the Union. Our state verse is Jer. 33:3
“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”
You are also invited to the Oregon NDP state prayer call on Fridays at 7am and national NDPTF monthly call on the first Thursday.